Vending before Selection Mad

Don't know yet.  Planning on going tomorrow to check it out.  Got a call this afternoon.  I always test my machines when I service them.  I usually find an employee to test it for me.  Creates good will by giving free samples. 

Is there something that I should look for?  Have you seen this type of problem?

Thanks, Lee

Not sure, If its vending the same selection all the time I would think that you could trace it to that particular switch. I don't have alot of experience fixing these things but I would think it might be something in the selection button. Let us know what you find.  

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

You could have a stuck selection switch, your micro switch on your vend motor could be gummed up , your "Brake systm" on a particliar motor could also have syrup on it and not releasing and is letting the "Brake catch" slide by. Check your button first, I rarely find the problem there. Then check your microswtich for proper operation . Your  "Brake system" consist of that Metal tab  on the top or bottom of the  motor and the  little spring and nylon catch that catches on the indentation of the of the gear on the back of the motor. Get some electronic cleaner and spray and work the micro switchseveral times.  Then get some hot water in a cup ( either catch the water you are pouring in another cup or get some towels) and pour it over the brake system. Then again you did not mention if the machine was multipriced and and has a SII-d or other type of board. If it does then you may have a board problem. Let me know what you fin out but I bet its either the micro switch  or problems with your "Brake"

Jerry

Great post Jerry.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around. It seems like you have plenty of experience with these machines. Your insight will be an asset to the boards.

Lee, How did you make out with this problem? Give us an update.

Steve

It turns out that there was nothing wrong w/ the machine.  I checked every selection (single price) couple of times to make sure all was in working order.  My guess is that the button was stuck when my customer placed his money in the machine.  Since my machines are refurbished, I like to test vend on every service call..  I usually will ask whoever is around if they want  a free pop and/or snack.  I believer it enhances customer service at the same time I am testing my machine.    I do appreciate all the suggestions and advice received.  I believe that forums like this one are a great advantage to newbies and a great way of sharing advice and experiences. 

Thanks!!!

Lee

LEE,

Even though your problem fixed itself I'll give you a few things to look at if it happens again.On the front of the motor theres a small spring that operates the brake switch,if they gum up from a spilled soda or the spring pops off it will cause that selection to vend whenever money is put in.I had this happen to me on my dixie 440.Take a look at the front of one of the motors at the spring and you'll see what I mean(good to know for future reference).

John

• 2 weeks later...