Silent Sales Force Vs. Vendstar

agrantha

OK

I have read reviews of both machines, the Vendstar and Silent Sales Force and they are both bad. However, if you had to choose between the two, which would you choose.

I am asking because I am negotiating with a lady who owns 13 Silent Sales Force, one still being in the box. She initially asked for $700 for all. Today I spoke with her and she is willing to accept $400 for all 13. Is this still too much money for a Silent Sales Force?

My intentions are to work them until they brake and replace them with Northwesterns later. If I buy them I will put chiclets in them.

Alright

Lay it on me. I can take it. :blink:

23.52 for a machine seems a good price.I dont like either machine,but there are locations that need that type of machine.for example I put a cheap vendstar in a laundry mat because even if they destroyed/stole it I wouldnt be out much.so while some types of machines are worthless junk,there are locations that need that type of machine.

Hmm... I've had SSF machines before. Do these come with the wooden stand? Are they 2 machines to a stand, or are they just individual machines with no stand. The price might be good if the stands come with them. For individual machines, I wouldn't pay more than $10 each. I have had bad luck with the ones I had. The mechs broke, allowing for free vends.

Yes, I would pay $20 each. The stands alone are worth that much. You could throw away the machine and put a better one in its place, and you would still have made a good deal. You can't find a pipe stand on ebay for less than $20 and if you don't have to pay shipping, all the better.

I have 2 SSF machines that are out on location. Both are in a large well supervised apartment complex that has an upscale club house with a large theater room and work out center. I had 2 uturns in this location that did about $40 to $50 bucks combined every 6 weeks until the new apartment manager called me and asked me to remove them because she thought they were an "eye sore". I brought in the SSF machines (red w/red metal stand) and she said those would be fine. So while they may not be Northwesterns they are still relatively attractive machines that work well in a office setting or anywhere where they won't get really beat on. At the end of the day they saved this location for me. I paid 30 bucks each 2 years ago so in my opinion 20 bucks is a good deal.

Today

I went to see the 13 SSF machines. They were in new condition and very clean.

This machine looks nice, but all the coin mechanisms are wiggly. The plastic on a Vendstar is more durable than the plastic on a SSF machine. I don't fell comfortable buying 13 of these. I may offer to buy two for $30 each.

The upscale apartment complex is ideal for this type of machine, but I would not feel comfortable placing it anywhere else.

It would get destroyed in a pizza resturaunt. Factory workers would even destroy it. It may survive in a hair salon.

I am just hoping to see a Northwestern on Craigslist soon. I have never in my life seen a Beaver. Why is that?

Yes, I would pay $20 each. The stands alone are worth that much. You could throw away the machine and put a better one in its place, and you would still have made a good deal. You can't find a pipe stand on ebay for less than $20 and if you don't have to pay shipping, all the better.

Dperry

The stands are wooden but too light for my taste. My 6 year old can pick up this machine and remove it from a location. To me the stand is worth $5.00.

Archived