VENDiscuss appears in The Vending Times!

caserri

Well, most of you knew it was coming but I have been working with Larisa at the Vending Times to get a feature about VENDiscuss printed in their publication. The Vending Times is the nations leading vending trade publication. It is read by many experienced vending professionals across the country.

I am happy to announce that our community has been written about in the September issue of the Vending Times! The article will give VENDiscuss a wonderful boost in exposure to many experienced vendors. Some of whom I hope will join us and provide us all with great industry information.

I have not seen the article yet but Gary had the privilege of reading it while he was attending the AMOA show in Vegas. He is going to be posting the article below so keep a look out! 

Gary, feel free to post the article here!

Steve

Vending Times September 2008

Vendiscuss.com Provides Open Forum For Operators

MASSACHUSETTS -- An emerging online community for vending operators is giving them a place to openly share ideas and opinions about how to best run their businesses. Located at and called Vendiscuss.com, the website invites users to post questions and provide answers in categorized forums. They can also take and create polls and read what others in the industry have to say about a variety of topics, most of which are user generated.

The site offers sections for bulk, full-line and other specific vender types; an area devoted to reviewing equipment, vendible goods and other allied products; and numerous hubs of focus. Topics posted have ranged from dealing with difficult accounts to brainstorming what different formats of mints are available to bulk vending.

Users create "screen names" and can specify their geographic locations, how long they've been in the vending business and the types of equipment they deal with, among other stats. This information is shown each time a user posts, which helps other users qualify the opinions and views given on the topics in question.

The website recently celebrated its one year anniversary, and reports that more than 425 vendors have joined its ranks to date. According to site moderator Gary Alberts, its membership includes operators, suppliers and manufacturers from the United States, Canada, Panama, Germany, Australia, Japan and England, among other locales.

Copied from the September issue of Vending Times.