CONTEST INFO!

caserri

Hello members,

We are just about ready to launch our first give away contest. This contest will be along the lines of a scavenger hunt. We will hide the image of a particular object somewhere in the forums. This object will be in different places each day from Sunday, August 19th, through Saturday, September 1st. During those 14 days, whenever you see this object simply click on it to obtain further information.

The prize will be awarded to the member who finds the most objects throughout the 2 weeks. Each day the object will be moved to a different location giving each member the opportunity to find it 14 times (14 days) over the course of the contest. We will also place the object in two places on a random day in an effort to cut down on the chances of a tie. Thats a total of 15 opportunities to find the object.

In the event that there is a tie between 2 or more members, the first tie breaker will be post counts as of 10am est on Sunday, September 2nd. The member with the most posts will win. If a tie still exists, the member with the earliest "joined date" will be declared the winner.

Check this post as the start date gets closer for more information on the object you are looking for.

Good luck to all and happy hunting!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the time has come to announce more details on the upcoming contest.

We have named this contest "Acorns for Oak". As you've probably already guessed, the objects you will be looking for are acorns. Whether big or small, photos, or sketches, whenever you see an acorn, click on it to receive further instructions. 

As stated above, there will be a total of 15 acorns scattered around the site. 1 a day for two weeks, plus an additional one on a random day. The member who finds the most will win the Oak. See above for tie breaking rules.

As a note, Only "clickable" acorns placed by site admin will be considered contest acorns. Any acorns you may find that were placed by other members will not count. 

The first acorn will be randomly placed somewhere on the site by 10am EST on Sunday August 19th. (Our one month anniversary) Acorns will not be placed in the member PLUS section. Each day we will submit an update post telling you how many people found the previous days acorn and where it was found.

Remember, some acorns will be very easy to spot, others may not be so visible. Some may even be abstract or open to interpretation and some may have clues to its where abouts. Such is the case with the first acorn. A clue to the first acorn will be given here in this thread to kick off the contest.

Have fun and happy hunting!     

The ante has just been up'd!

We would like to give a special thanks to Jennifer at Great Lake Locators for their generous donation to our contest. Great Lake is donating 1 location to our Oak Vista giveaway winner!

In addition, an un-named member who is ineligible to win has donated a new 1" black cast iron stand. This stand is brand new and will ship factory direct to the contest winner.

Well, there you have it! The winner of our first contest will receive the following...

New Oak Vista 450 bulk vending machine

New pipe stand

Location provided through Great Lake Locators.

All you will need to do is buy the candy!

Yes the 1st acorn was posted at 10AM est this morning. So far no one has found it. Here is your clue...

"Watch your step when you come in the front door."

Good luck!

Steve

Yes the 1st acorn was posted at 10AM est this morning. So far no one has found it. Here is your clue...

"Watch your step when you come in the front door."

Good luck!

Steve

That was a good clue,

I just emailed you the URL that was requested when I found it.

UPTHEODDS VENDING TAKES THE LEAD!!!

To all:

Please make sure to include your user name to the email when you report your acorn sightings. It just makes things easier to track on this side.

Thanks,

Steve

ok so the first one that finds the acorn each day is the only one that gets credit for it?  i thought it was just the one with the most.

and if so what time is it beingput up each day?   midnite 01 or just random times?

this sucks im losing 1 to nuthin.   i hate losing.

Pusherman,

The acorn will be posted at 10am EST each day. Everyone who finds it will get credit for it. The member who finds the most at the end of the contest will win. Your down 1 to nothing right now but tomorrow is another day. You may find one tomorrow and dutch may not, then you'd be tied!

Keep looking!

Steve

Well we had a great kick-off to the contest yesterday! In total, we had only 3 members find the acorn of the day. Below is a picture of the acorn that was located on our entry page (http://www.vendiscuss.com), all the way down at the bottom of the page. You had to scroll down to see it.

The bonus acorn was not placed yesterday so we have a 3 way tie at this point.

Todays acorn should be much easier to spot as it is out in the open!

Good Luck!

Steve

Well day 2 went rather well. We had 5 members find the "acorn" of the day. The bonus acorn was not placed and we are still in a 3 way tie!

For those who did not find the acorn, here is where it was....

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/images/screenshot.bmp

We hid it up top on one of the menu buttons.

Todays acorn has been placed and I must tell you that I believe this one will be very difficult to spot! If no one finds todays acorn by 6PM EST this evening I will give you a good clue. We just may break the 3 way tie today.

Happy hunting!

Steve

You found it Dave?:huh:???

Let me check!

Wow you did! How'd you do that? Care to share?

Note to all: Since Dave with uptheodds has found the acorn I cant give out the clue.

Steve