Approaching Ten Thousand Posts

lurker

Hey Steve!

Less than 250 to go...

What do I get if I post number 10,000? :D

Congratulations buddy!!!!!

Thanks for giving me a place to gather necessary info, meet interesting people, hang out, chat, and just have fun!

Dave

from a newbies point. this forum has been quite educational. wish i had found it earlier. keep up the great work steve. and thanks for helping out a newbie in this sea of chaos called the vending business! GOOD VENDING!

OK, After much digging around in the prize closet I thought I was going to come away with nothing but a few cobwebs and some moldy gumballs. But on my way out I stumbled upon a $30.00 gift certificate to A&A Global!

So here is the deal! Who ever makes the 10,000th post on VENDiscuss gets $30.00 toward their next purchase at A&A Global.

TERMS:

• Your post must be deemed a "quality post" That simply means there needs to be some substance to the post. Not just a smiley or an "OK" or even an "I WIN!"
  • If there is a question as to whether your post is a "quality post" or not, it will be determined by myself and another member here on the board. The second member will be an un-biased member with no stake in the prize. Our decision will be final.
  • If the 10,000th post is not a "quality post" the prize will be awarded to the 10,001st poster and so on.
  • Winner will be given a code for a $30.00 credit at A&A Global, http://www.aaglobalind.com, You can use it for anything they offer but you will be responsible for payment of any amount in excess of $30.00. For example if you purchase a $25.00 box of stickers, and shipping is $7.00, you will be responsible for paying the additional $2.00.
  • You will not receive credit for any unused portion of the prize if you do not spend $30.00. For example, If your order totals $25.00, you will not get a $5.00 credit for future purchases. Spend wisely. 
Good Luck!

Steve

PS: Sponsors and other providers. If you would like to donate items or services for future contests please email me at support@vendiscuss.com.

Just an update to this...

If the 10,000th post creates a new topic, (not a reply to an existing topic), the prize will be increased to $50.00!

Same rules apply. Even the one about "quality posts" Please don't start a thread claiming to be the winner. :D

Steve

I knew you were just joking but its been a while since we gave anything away and some have asked for more contests. I thought the event was significant enough to warrant a give-away.

Thanks for the Idea Dave.

BTW, Since you were the one who suggested it, you are not eligible for the prize. :shock: I'M KIDDING!

Good Luck!

Steve

Steve said...

BTW, Since you were the one who suggested it, you are not eligible for the prize.

OOOhhh mannnn!!!! There's always some string attached.

Oh well, off to register a fake ID!

(I'm just kiddin' too.) :D

D

This contest is something very unique to any forum. You have really made this a very attractive site. Thanks for allowing me to be here.

Craig

Craig,

Were you here for the last contest? It was a bit more involved and took 2 weeks to get a winner but it was really fun. We gave away an Oak Vista 450, a stand, and a location.

I'd love to run these more often so everyone make sure you patronize our sponsors and use our eBay links when you are buying something from eBay!

Steve

I hope we get to 10,000 soon. The nonsense postings are piling up!;)

I agree Ted however I'm not sure why. These posts will not give anyone an advantage. number 10,000 will come when it comes. You just have to be patient and watchful of the count. It kind of reminds me of a 2 minute drill in football. It's all about clock management. :D

Steve

Are there any odds on T Bird Johnny pulling in the 10,000 post?:D

Are you looking for a little side action there Beer? I have a hunch that Gary (West Coast Vend) may slide in at number 10,000. He appears to be using the pacific time zone as an advantage.

Steve

Are there any odds on T Bird Johnny pulling in the 10,000 post?:D

Are you looking for a little side action there Beer? I have a hunch that Gary (West Coast Vend) may slide in at number 10,000. He appears to be using the pacific time zone as an advantage.

Steve

you shouldn`t have said that in case he didnt think of it!!!

It's not over yet folks. It appears we have a few threads with duplicate posts. (Gary ;)) I will need to clean them up and they will not be counted. After that is done our total will once again be under 10,000.

Remember, only a quality post will win the contest.

Steve

Ok, We have a winner!

First let me say that it has been my policy to delete duplicate posts by the same member within the same thread. This policy has been in effect since we started and I felt that it should still be enforced regardless of circumstance. Gary I hope you understand.

Once all of the duplicates were deleted I went to the database which "post stamps" all of the posts in the order that they were posted.

The 10,000th post was made at 5:57pm this evening by Dave (schmedspub). It is post #3 in this thread. ==> http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=1244&forum_id=7

Congrats to Dave who won a $30.00 A&A credit for that post. Dave I will PM the details to you momentarily.

Steve